Current projected Completion date: FALL 2018
How it works
5 VILLAGE RULES:
- No violence
- No theft
- No alcohol or illegal drugs on-site
- No persistent, disruptive behavior
- Everyone must contribute to the operation and maintenance of the Village.
EACH VILLAGER GIVES:
- $30–60/month utility fee
- 8 hours/week front desk duty
- 2 hours/week towards community improvement
- Clean community bathroom once a month
- Attendance at weekly village meeting
EACH VILLAGER GETS:
- A small, safe and private space to call your own
- Access to common kitchen, bath, laundry, gathering, and workshop facilities
- Access to Mental Wellness and Micro-Business Assistance programming
- Computer and wi-fi access
- Monthly Bus Pass
Join the Village
Attend our weekly meetings
If you want to get involved with the project, please join us for our weekly planning meetings. Every Monday at 10:00am at the Rebuild Center, 1803 Gravier Street in New Orleans.
Apply to live in the village
If you want to apply to live in the village, you must first regularly attend our weekly planning meetings, after which you can apply. Preference will be given to those who show commitment to the project.
Our current Micro Business opportunity is a shared, rentable tricycle, equipped with a storage space for coolers or other containers. Sell simple things like water and snacks all over the city for a small daily rental fee.
- Rental fee is $15 per day
- Day rental covers 8:00am to 8:00pm
- All city permits and bike maintenance covered by fee
- Bikes are rented on a first come, first serve basis
- Bikes equipped with GPS trackers in case of theft